(Pb. Act VII of 2005)
1. Short title and commencement.
2. Amendment of Ordinance II of 2000.
(Pb Act VII of 2005)
An Act to abolish levy of sales tax on certain services in the Province
Preamble.– Whereas it is expedient to
abolish levy of sales tax on certain services in the Province of the
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.– (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Finance Act 2005.
(2) It shall extent to whole of the
(3) It shall come into force on the first day of July 2005.
2. Amendment of the Punjab Sales Tax Ordinance, 2000 (II of 2000).– In the said Ordinance, in the Schedule, the following amendments shall be made, namely–
(i) in serial No.1,–
(a) in the heading, the words and commas “marriage halls, lawns,”, appearing between the words “hotels” and “clubs” shall be omitted;
(b) the existing sub-serial (b) shall be omitted; and
(c) the existing sub-serials (c) and (d) shall respectively be re-lettered as (b) and (c).
(ii) the existing serials No.5 and 6 shall be omitted.
This Act was passed by the
Punjab Assembly on