(Ordinance XLIV of 1999)
1. Short title and commencement.
3. Constitution of the Board.
4. Functions and powers of the Board.
6. Delegation of powers.
7. Board fund.
8. Budget, audit and accounts.
9. Employees of the Board.
12. Removal of difficulties.
THE PUNJAB INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BOARD ORDINANCE 1999
(Ordinance XLIV of 1999)
An Ordinance to provide for the establishment of the Punjab
Information Technology Board and matters ancillary thereto.
Preamble.– Whereas it is expedient to make provisions for the establishment of the Punjab Information Technology Board;
And whereas the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab is not in
session and the Governor of the
therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him under Article 128 of
the Constitution, the Governor of the
1. Short title and commencement.– (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Information Technology Board Ordinance 1999.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the day the Punjab Information Technology Board Ordinance 1999 (XXV of 1999) stands repealed under Article 128(2) of the Constitution.
2. Incorporation.– (1) The Government may establish a Board to be called the Punjab Information Technology Board.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with powers to acquire, hold and dispose of property and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
3. Constitution of the Board.– (1) The Board shall consist of such number of members [including at least thirty-three percent women] as may be appointed by the Government.
(2) The Government shall appoint one of the members as President of the Board.
(3) No act, proceedings or decision of the Board shall be invalid by reason of any vacancy or defect in the constitution of the Board.
4. Functions and powers of the Board.– The Board shall take all such measures as it deems necessary for the administration of its affairs and for the administration, promotion, development and use of information technology.
5. Chairman.– (1) The Government shall appoint a Chairman of the Board whose terms and conditions of service shall be such as may be determined by the Government.
(2) The Chairman shall perform such functions as may be assigned to him by the Board.
6. Delegation of powers.– (1) The Board may delegate to any person any of its powers, duties and functions.
(2) The Chairman may delegate any of his powers including delegated powers to any officer of the Board.
7. Board fund.– (1) There shall be a fund to be known as the Information Technology Board Fund, which may vest in the Board and to which shall be credited all moneys received by the Board.
(2) The Fund shall be kept in such custody and shall be utilized and regulated in such manner as may be prescribed by rules.
(3) The Government shall provide funds to the Board for its Secretariat and other necessary and incidental expenses.
8. Budget, audit and accounts.– The Budget of the Board shall be approved and its accounts shall be maintained and audited in such manner as may be prescribed by rules.
9. Employees of the Board.– The Board may employ such officers, advisers, consultants and employees in its service as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Board.
10. Rules.– The Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
11. Regulations.– Subject to this Ordinance and rules framed thereunder, the Board may make regulations for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
12. Removal of difficulties.– If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any provision of this Ordinance, the Government may make such order as may be necessary for removing the difficulty.
Promulgated by the Governor on
It stood repealed on
Inserted by the