(Pb. Ord VIII of 1982)
1. Short title and commencement.
3. Repeal of
4. Appointments to terminate.
5. Removal of difficulties.
(Pb Ord. VIII of 1982)
An Ordinance to repeal the
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to repeal the Punjab Administrative Vigilance Commission Ordinance, 1979 in the manner hereinafter appearing;
THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the 5th day of July, 1977, read
with the Laws (Continuance in Force) Order, 1977 (C.M.L.A. Order No. 1 of 1977)
and the Provisional Constitution Order, 1981 (C.M.L.A. Order No. 1 of 1981),
the Governor of the
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Administrative Vigilance Commission (Repeal) Ordinance, 1982.
(2) It shall come into force on the first day of July, 1982.
2. Definitions.— In this Ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context—
(a) “Commission” means the Punjab Administrative Vigilance Commission;
(b) “Government” means Government of the
(c) “Ordinance” means the Punjab Administrative Vigilance Commission Ordinance, 1979.
4. Appointments to terminate.— Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the repealed Ordinance, Notification, order or letter of appointment, all appointments made against any posts in the Commission and the Vigilance Committees by or on behalf of the Commission or Government, shall stand terminated and all rights and privileges existing before the repeal of the Ordinance shall stand extinguished.
5. Removal of difficulties.— If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any provision of this Ordinance, Government may make such orders, as may appear to it to be necessary, for the purposes of removing the difficulty.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of the Punjab on 28th June, 1982; and, published in the Punjab Gazette, (Extraordinary), dated 29th June, 1982, pages 416-B to 416-C.