THE PUNJAB CORPORATION EMPLOYEES (SPECIAL POWERS) ORDINANCE, 1978
(Pb Ord. VIII of 1978)
1. Short title and commencement.
3. Certain persons to be liable to removal or reversion.
5. Service of Corporation to be service of Punjab Government, etc.
THE PUNJAB CORPORATION EMPLOYEES (SPECIAL POWERS) ORDINANCE, 1978.
(Pb Ord. VIII of 1978)
An Ordinance to invest the Governor with certain powers in respect of persons in Corporation service
Preamble.— WHEREAS it
is expedient to invest the Governor of the
WHEREAS the Governor of the
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the
Proclamation of the fifth day of July, 1977, read with the Laws (Continuance in
Force) Order, 1977 (CMLA’s Order No.1 of 1977), the Governor of the
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Corporation Employees (Special Powers) Ordinance, 1978.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— In this Ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,—
(i) “Corporation” means a corporate body set up, established, managed or controlled by the Government of the Punjab; and
(ii) “person in Corporation service” means a person employed in connection with the affairs of Corporation and shall include the Chairman, the Managing Director of, and holder of any other office in such Corporation but shall not include a person who is on deputation to a Corporation from the Federal or a Provincial Government.
3. Certain persons to be liable to removal or reversion.— Notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force, or in terms and conditions of his service, a person in Corporation service appointed or promoted during the period from the first day of January, 1972, to the fifth day of July, 1977, may be removed from service, or reverted to his lower post or grade, as the case may be, without notice, by the Governor of the Punjab, or a person authorised by him in this behalf on such date as the Governor of the Punjab, or as the case may be, the person so authorised may, in the public interest, direct.
4. Representation.— A person who is removed from service or reverted to a lower post or grade under section 3 may, within fifteen days from the date of receipt of order of removal or reversion prefer a representation to the Governor of the Punjab:
Provided that, where the order of removal
or reversion has been made by the Governor of the
5. Service of Corporation to be service of Punjab Government, etc.— A person who under the provisions of this Ordinance, is removed from service or reverted to a lower post or grade shall, for the purpose of the Punjab Service Tribunals Act, 1974 (IX of 1974) be deemed to be a civil servant.
Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of the