THE OPIUM (
(Punjab Act III of 1925)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Amendment of section 9 of the Opium Act, 1878.
THE OPIUM (
[4 May 1925]
An Act to amend the Opium Act, 1878, in its
application to the
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to amend the Opium Act, 1878, in its application to the Punjab in the manner hereinafter appearing, and whereas the previous sanction of the Governor-General under sub-section (3) of section 80-A of the Government of India Act has been obtained, it is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the Opium (Punjab Amendment) Act, 1925.
(2) It extends to the
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the [Provincial Government] may by notification appoint in this behalf.
2. Amendment of section 9 of the Opium Act, 1878— In section 9 of the Opium Act, 1878, for the words “one year” the words “two years” and for the words “one thousand” the words “two thousand” shall be deemed to be substituted, and the words after the word “both” shall be deemed to be omitted.
Received the assent of the
by the Government of