(Pb Act X of 1974)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
6. Repeal of section 8 of the West Pakistan Finance Ordinance, 1969 (W.P. Ordinance No. VII of 1969).
7. Application of existing laws.
8. Bar of suits in civil courts.
(Pb Act X of 1974)
An Act to continue and levy
certain taxes and fees in the Province of the
WHEREAS it is expedient to continue and levy certain taxes and fees in the
Province of the
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Finance Act, 1974.
extends to the whole of the Province of the
(3) It shall come into force on and from the first day of July, 1974.
2. Definition.— In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant
in the subject or context “Government” means the Government of the
(i) Licence for installation of a new cotton ginning factory.
Rs.125 per roller or its equivalent subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000.
(ii) Licence for installation of a new cotton pressing factory.
Rs.5,000 per balling press.”
4. Amendment of West Pakistan Urban Immovable Property Tax Act, 1958 (W.P. Act V of 1958).— In the West Pakistan Urban Immovable Property Tax Act, 1958 (West Pakistan Act V of 1958), in its application to the Province of the Punjab, in section 3-A, for the word “forty”, the word “fifty” shall be substituted.
6. Repeal of section 8 of the West Pakistan Finance Ordinance, 1969 (W.P. Ordinance
No. VII of 1969).— In the
7. Application of existing laws.— Where any tax imposed or any fee levied by this Act is by way of an addition to any tax imposed or fee levied by or under any enactment and rules in force in the Punjab, the procedure provided in such enactment and rules for the assessment, collection and recovery of such tax or fee shall, so far as applicable, apply to the assessment, collection and recovery of additional tax or fee, as the case may be.
8. Bar of suits in civil courts.— No suit shall lie in any civil court to set aside or modify any assessment, levy or collection of a tax or fee made under this Act and the rules made thereunder.
This Act was passed by the Punjab Assembly on 28th June, 1974; assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 28th June, 1974; and, published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 28th June, 1974, pages 890-A to 890-C.