(Pb Ord. XIII of 1972)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Removal of doubts.
(Pb Ordinance XIII of 1972)
An Ordinance to remove certain doubts in regard to the number of Tribunals which can be constituted in every district, under the provisions of the West Pakistan Control of Goondas Ordinance, 1959
Preamble.— WHEREAS certain doubts have arisen in regard to the number of Tribunals which can be constituted in every district, under the provisions of the West Pakistan Control of Goondas Ordinance, 1959;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969 read with the Proclamation of 20th December, 1971 and the Provisional Constitution Order, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Control of Goondas (Removal of Doubts) Ordinance, 1972.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of the Province
(3) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of the coming into force of the West Pakistan Control of Goondas Ordinance, 1959.
2. Removal of doubts.— Notwithstanding anything contained in the West Pakistan Control of Goondas Ordinance, 1959 (West Pakistan Ordinance No. XXXV of 1959) or any other law, or any decree, judgement or order of any court or other authority, the expression “a Tribunal” occurring in sub-section (1) of section 2 of the said Ordinance shall mean and be deemed always to have meant one or more than one Tribunal.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of the Punjab on 20th April, 1972; published in the Pb Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 20th April, 1972, pages 691-I to 691-J; saved and validated by Articles 268 and 269 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1973).