(Pb Ord. XXV of 1971)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Extension of limitations.
(Pb Ordinance XXV of 1971)
An Ordinance to provide for extension of limitation in certain matters relating to Union Councils
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to make provision for extension of limitation in certain matters relating to Union Councils in the manner hereinafter appearing;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969, read with the Provisional Constitution Order, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Local Government Institutions (Dissolution) (Extension of Limitation) Ordinance, 1971.
extends to the whole of the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Extension of limitations.— Where any act or thing required under any law to be done within a particular period could not or cannot be done within that period on account of the dissolution of Union Councils in pursuance of Martial Law Order No.21, promulgated by the Chief Martial Law Administrator, the period during which it could not or cannot be so done, as the case may be, shall, notwithstanding anything contained in such law, be excluded for the purpose of computing the period for which the act or thing is required to be done under that law.
Explanation— For the purposes of this section the expression “Union Council’ shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in the Muslim Family Laws Ordinance, 1961 and the Conciliation Courts Ordinance, 1961.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of the Punjab, on 30th November, 1971; published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 2nd December, 1971, pages 1509-F to 1509-G; saved by Article 281 of the Interim Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1972); and, validated by the Validation of Laws Act, 1975 (LXIII of 1975).