(Pb Ord. VII of 1971)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
3. Transfer of pending cases.
(Pb Ordinance VII of 1971)
An Ordinance to provide for the transfer of cases pending
before Tribunals constituted under the
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the transfer of cases which maybe pending before tribunals constituted under the West Pakistan Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1963, or may be remanded thereunder, in the manner hereinafter appearing;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969, read with the Provisional Constitution Order, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance, namely:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the West Pakistan Criminal Law (Amendment) Act (Transfer of Pending Cases) Ordinance, 1971.
extends to those areas of the Province of the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— Words and expressions used in this Ordinance shall have the meanings assigned to them in the West Pakistan Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1963.
3. Transfer of pending cases.— Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the West Pakistan Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1963, the West Pakistan Criminal Law (Amendment) Act (Repeal) Ordinance, 1969, or the West Pakistan Repealing Ordinance, 1970, or any action taken, proceeding held or order passed in the cases pending before the Tribunals, all the said cases in which the Tribunals have not submitted their findings to the District magistrates shall, with immediate effect, stand transferred to the respective criminal courts having jurisdiction therein, for inquiry or trial, as the case may be, in accordance with the provisions of the law applicable to such cases.
Explanation— The provisions of this section shall also apply to the cases which the Government, Commissioners or District magistrates may remand under the provisions of the West Pakistan Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1963.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of Punjab on 24th April, 1971; published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 26th April, 1971, pages 415-416; saved by Article 281 of the Interim Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1972); and, validated by the Validation of Laws Act, 1975 (LXIII of 1975).