THE NOTARIES (
(W.P. Ord. XLV of 1969)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Addition of section 16-A to Ordinance No. XIX of 1961.
THE NOTARIES (
(W.P. Ordinance XLV of 1969)
An Ordinance further to amend the Notaries Ordinance, 1961
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Notaries Ordinance, 1961 (Ord. No. XIX of 1961).
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969, read with the Provisional Constitution Order, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Notaries (West Pakistan Amendment) Ordinance, 1969.
(2) It extends to the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Addition of section 16-A to Ordinance No. XIX of 1961.— In the Notaries Ordinance, 1961, after section 16, the following new section shall be added, namely:--
“16-A. Delegation— The Provincial Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, direct that all or any of the powers exercisable by it under this Ordinance or the rules made thereunder, shall in such circumstances, within such area, and under such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the notification, be exercisable also by an officer or authority subordinate to it.”
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of West Pakistan on 1st December, 1969; published in the West Pakistan Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 6th December, 1969, pages 2189-90; saved by Article 281 of the Interim Constitution of Pakistan (1972); and, validated by the Validation of Laws Act, 1975 (LXIII of 1975).