(W.P. Ord. VI of 1966)
1. Short title and commencement.
2. Amendment of sections 34, 35, 36 and 42 of Act XXV of 1934.
3. Insertion of section 47-A in Act XXV of 1934.
THE FACTORIES (
(W.P. Ordinance VI of 1966)
An Ordinance further to amend the
Factories Act, 1934 in its application to the
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Factories Act, 1934, in its
application to the
AND WHEREAS the Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan is not in session and the Governor of West Pakistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render immediate legislation necessary;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by clause (1) of Article 79 of the Constitution, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Factories (West Pakistan Amendment) Ordinance, 1966.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of sections 34, 35, 36 and 42 of Act XXV of 1934.— In the Factories Act, 1934 (XXV of 1934), in its application to the Province of West Pakistan, hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in section 34, sub-section (1) of section 35, section 36 and section 42, for the word “allowed”, wherever appearing, the words “allowed or required”, shall be substituted.
3. Insertion of section 47-A in Act XXV of 1934.— In the said Act, after section 47, the following new section shall be inserted, namely:-
“47-A. Over-time— Any adult worker may be required to work overtime; provided that such working conforms to the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder.”
was promulgated by the Governor of West Pakistan on