(W.P. Ord. XXXI of 1965)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Amendment of section 379 of Act XXXIX of 1925.
THE SUCCESSION (
(W.P. Ordinance XXXI of 1965)
An Ordinance further to amend the Succession Act, 1925, in
its application to the
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Succession Act, 1925 (Act XXXIX of
1925), in its application to the
AND WHEREAS the Provincial Assembly is not in session and the Governor of West Pakistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render immediate legislation necessary;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by clause (1) of Article 79 of the Constitution, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Succession (West Pakistan Amendment) Ordinance, 1965.
(2) It extends to the whole of the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 379 of Act XXXIX of 1925.— In the Succession Act, 1925, in its application to the Province of West Pakistan, for section 379, the following section shall be substituted, namely:-
“379. Where the District Judge allows an application for the grant of a certificate or for the extension of a certificate he shall calculate the amount of court-fee payable on the certificate or the extension of certificate, and shall not grant the certificate or the extension of the certificate until the court-fee so calculated has been paid by the applicant”.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of West Pakistan on 28th September, 1965; approved by the Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan on 2nd December, 1965, under clause (3) of Article 79 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1962); and, published in the West Pakistan Gazette (Extraordinary), dated: 2nd December, 1965, pages 5917-18.